Upgrade debian jessie to stretch
- Check if you are using obsolete packages aptitude search ‘~o’If this gives you output you will have to take into account that these packages are no longer in a standard repo since they were removed.
- Perform a full backup – does that realy need stating ?
- warningUpgrading debian from 8 to 9 will replace mysql with mariadb, which will also automatically upgrade your databases. If you get stuck somewhere in the upgrade process you cannot revert the database conversion.
- Get your current Jessie system fully updated first:apt-get update
- Check packages that are put on hold for whatever reason, thay may bite you later. apt-mark showholdand perform a consistency scandpkg -C
- Update the package source from the old to new version (jessie to stretch) sed -i ‘s/jessie/stretch/g’ /etc/apt/sources.list
Update the package list, and verify which packages will be installed as part of the upgrade
apt list –upgradable
- Perform the actual upgradeapt-get upgrade